Join our digital marketing department to gain hands-on experience in B2C content marketing, social media, event marketing, digital marketing, and marketing operations.
We are looking for Marketing and Digital Media Interns to work with and report directly to the Head of Sales and Marketing. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and interest and in Online Media, Digital Communications, Marketing & Sales, Entrepreneurship, Writing, Public Relations, Social Media, and general business practices. Confidence, strong communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously while meeting tight deadlines are of the utmost importance for this position.
What You Will Do
- Research, pitch and write blog posts for the Twenty Over Ten Marketing Blog
- Research industry trends in digital marketing and work together with the team to develop creative strategies and editorial calendars for Twenty Over Ten and our clients
- Work with clients to develop taglines and web copy for their business; write website copy
- Develop online marketing strategies for clients of Twenty Over Ten
- Use Digital tools such as Google Analytics; monitor and interpret data, make recommendations to clients and company based on such data
- Research, Identify, and qualify prospective clients
- Institute Google Analytics for clients and train them on the technology
- Develop social media campaigns with original and sourced content
- Create content for the Twenty Over Ten blog and social media pages
- Communicate on behalf of Twenty Over Ten with current and Prospective Clients
What You Will Learn
- What it takes to start and grow a marketing/technology company
- How to pitch a new product to prospective clients or referrals
- How to quickly learn about a prospective clients’ particular business needs and then create a sales plan tailored to those needs
- How to analyze metrics provided by Google Analytics and other social media platforms to make business decisions
- How users interact with web content and how it is different then print
- What makes a site mobile responsive and why that is so important
- Ways to improve Search Engine Optimization through Web Design
- Why site design and site architecture are of the utmost importance
- How Google ranks websites and the metrics that go into their algorithm
- Strong Communication skills – Must be able comfortable in writing for multiple platforms (email, social, reports, copywriting for websites) as well as speak by phone or video call with new clients each week
- Ability to learn quickly and complete tasks well on short deadlines
- Interest in emerging technologies and digital media
- Proficient or readily able to learn Technology products such as Wordpress, Trello, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Analytics, Join.Me and Zoom, Hootsuite
- Self-Starter - ability to work independently without constant supervision, meet quick deadlines, and be responsible for the quality of your work.
As a tech startup, we all wear many hats and take on a variety of roles. Our ideal candidate will thrive in this environment, and enjoy taking on various responsibilities and learning about many different aspects of the business.
Compensation & Hours
- Salary: $10-20 /hour
- Hours: 20 hours/week with flexible schedule